Skip to main content
History of Art II (Spring 2020)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Spring 2020 lasts from Monday, April 6, 2020 to Friday, June 12, 2020
- This three-term sequence is designed for both art and non-art majors. The intent of this study is to gain skills in appreciating, understanding, and evaluating the beauty and meaning in art and life in the context of culture, and evolving needs and belief systems. Fulfills cultural literacy requirement within the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree.
For art majors, a necessary foundation is laid for advanced study in studio art and art history. Students study the history of art in the context of the cultures producing them, by studying selected works of painting, sculpture, architecture, and other fine arts, from prehistoric to Gothic periods (ART204), Renaissance to Baroque periods (ART205), and the 18th century to contemporary times (ART206). Students study the development of art in the Western tradition with reference to major periods and styles of art from the non-Western world, including art from Asia, Africa, the Americas, and the Pacific Islands.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- or BT113
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 95
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees