Emmanuel Sheppard and Condon Distracted Driving Scholarship Contest (ID 4114)
- Start Date:
- Since their first rise to mainstream popularity in the early 2010s, smartphones have become so commonplace that 96% of people in the United States have one. Unfortunately, this has also led to an increase in distracted driving. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration found that in 2017 alone, over 3,000 people were killed in crashes caused by distracted driving.
Of course, smartphones aren’t the only thing that causes distracted driving. Friends in the car, eating, and changing the radio can all take your attention off the road.
Essay prompt: What do you think is the best way to help reduce distracted driving?
We want students to write an essay of no more than 500 words explaining what they would do to help make the road a safer place. Whether it’s a new law, a safety program, or a fancy app, we’re interested in hearing your ideas for how to reduce distracted driving.
The best essay will receive $1000 toward their tuition on behalf of all of us at Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon Attorneys At Law.
- Applicants must be EITHER (1) graduating high school seniors (graduating summer 2020) OR (2) students currently enrolled in a college, trade school, or university as of the start of the fall 2020 semester.
- Special Criteria:
- In order to qualify for the scholarship contest, you will need to submit the following information:
• Your name
• A valid email address
• Phone number
• A copy of your transcript or a proof of enrollment (ie. picture of your school ID or enrollment letter)
• Your 500-word essay in Word document (.doc, .docx) format
• Please submit essay and proof of enrollment as one document