Before you sign up for a placement assessment, make sure you need one by visiting RCC's Placement Process page.
Have you already taken a Placement Assessment?
Do you need your placement scores sent to another college? Fill out the Placement Scores Request form and allow 10 days for processing.
Things to Know
- This assessment is used to place you into reading, writing and math. You cannot PASS or FAIL this assessment.
- This exam is not timed, but plan about 2 hours.
- You can take a break during the exam if you need/want to.
- A calculator is available for use during the assessment.
- You may not use your phone.
- You can try again if you are not happy with your placement.
- If you need special accommodations to help take the computerized exam, please contact the Disability Services department.
Before You Test
RCC uses Accuplacer, a suite of assessments that determine you knowledge in these subjects. Learn more about Accuplacer and review basic concepts in math, reading and writing before taking the placement test by visiting http://www.accuplacer.org.
Doing your best on this assessment can save you time and money.
On Placement Day
Bring your RCC Student ID number.
Bring a photo I.D. Choose one:
- A valid driver license
- DMV ID card
- Current US passport
- US military ID card
- RCC student body card
- High school student body card
- High school yearbook with your picture and name
- Notarized letter of identity with photo (no copies)
- Foreign passport with current US Visa
- I-94 form with photograph
- US Certificate of Citizenship
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services employment authorization document
- Refugee travel document