- Who has to take the placement test?
- All students who plan to earn a degree or certificate or transfer to a four-year college or university must take the placement test. Most classes have prerequisites, and a placement test is required to determine whether reading, writing and math prerequisites are needed or met.
Additional information may be obtained by calling the Counseling Department: 541-956-7112.
- What does it cost?
- The placement test is free.
- How do I sign up?
- You can schedule an appointment online.
- What can I expect?
- The placement test is a computer adaptive test that evaluates reading, writing and math levels. When you arrive the proctor will check your ID and provide verbal and written instructions. The test is untimed but takes about two hours.
- What do I bring?
- On the day of the test bring your RCC student number (assigned when you applied for admission) and one form of photo I.D. You will not be allowed to test without a valid photo ID. Accepted forms of ID include:
- Current driver's license or DMV ID card
- Current passport/US government immigration ID documents such as
- Foreign passport with a current United States Visa
- US citizenship and immigration services employment authorization document or refugee travel document
- I-94 form with photograph
- US Certificate of Citizenship
- Current U.S. military identification card
- Current other state issued drivers license/ID cards
- Rogue Community College Student ID or High School ID card
- High School yearbook with your picture and printed name
- Original notarized letter of identity with photo (no copies)
- Where do I go to take a placement test?
- Placement Testing is available at two locations.
- Redwood Campus (map)
3345 Redwood Hwy.
Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Riverside Campus (map)
B Building, Room 11
227 E. Ninth St.,
Medford, OR 97501
- How long does the test take?
- The placement test takes about two hour's but there is no time limit.
- When do I get my results?
- When you finish the test, you will receive your course placement results and a list of first-term course choices.
- May I retest?
- If you are dissatisfied with your test results, you may retest once prior to enrolling in the reading, writing, or math class into which you tested. You may opt for a full or partial retest.
- How long are the results good for?
- Placement tests results do not expire, however, retesting is available.
- What if I want a copy of my actual scores?
- Students who request copies of their placement test scores must complete and submit a Placement Test Scores Request form. The cost is $15.
- What if I have a disability and need additional help?
- Academic accommodations are available to ensure that eligible RCC students with disabilities participate fully in academic and student life. For more information about RCC's Disability Services can be found on their website.
- Test Waivers
- If you have successfully completed an RCC-equivalent writing and math course, your placement test requirement may be waived. Please have your transcripts from previous institutions sent to RCC and email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When can I register for classes?
- Your next step is to attend an Advising and Registration Clinic where you will learn how to prepare, plan and register for your courses with an Academic Advisor there to help you.
- What if I live out of the area?
- If you live outside of Jackson or Josephine County, you can arrange to have your Accuplacer placement test proctored at another college near you. For more information, please contact Brian Walgamot at 541-956-7267 or BWalgamot@roguecc.edu.