Simmons and Fletcher P.C. Excellence in Ethics Scholarship (ID 3905)
- Start Date:
- First prize: $1,000
Runner up: $500
- For law students and prospective law students, Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. is excited to offer our annual Excellence in Ethics Scholarship. The law student scholarship will be awarded to one recipient in the amount of $1,000. The second place winner will be awarded a $500 scholarship as well.
- Law Fields
- In order to qualify for the Excellence in Ethics Scholarship, applicants must:
• Be a lawful U.S. permanent resident or citizen
• Be currently enrolled in or accepted to a US law school
• Submit a completed essay discussing the important of pro-bono legal work
• Submit a completed application
• Applicants must not have received same scholarship in previous year
Any scholarship submissions that do not meet the listed criteria will not be considered. By submitting a completed application you agree to allow your essay to be published on our blog, if you are chosen as a winner.
- Special Criteria:
- Excellence in Ethics Essay Requirements
All applicants must submit a 1,000 word or more essay. The Texas State Bar for attorneys (as well as other state bar organization) highly encourages attorneys to perform pro-bono work. The essay should focus on the importance of providing free legal services to those who cannot afford it, and why this is beneficial to the community at large and to the legal system as a whole.