Workplace Rights Law Group Annual Scholarship Contest (ID 3594)
- Start Date:
- The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is the federal agency responsible for enforcing workplace civil rights laws as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972. In California in 2017 there were 5,423 individual charges of discrimination brought before the EEOC.
As college applicants or students, you will soon be entering the workforce. Once there, how you’re treated, how you can behave, how you’re paid, eligibility for benefits and all hiring, promotion, discipline and termination decisions will be subject to employment and workplace laws. They will impact your day-to-day life like no other area of the law. Because of that, it’s never too early to begin understanding the rights and obligations you’ll have as an employee.
The employment law attorneys at Workplace Rights Law Group are offering three $500 scholarship prizes for the fall semester 2019.
• Complete our employment law quiz.
• Share your results with us on Facebook.
• Send us the following information:
• Your name and email
• Your resume
• Your transcript OR proof of enrollment
• Tell us in 150+ words: How you hope employment law will help you as an employee and what you’d like to learn about employee rights.
- Applicants must be EITHER out-going high school seniors (graduating in 2018) OR students enrolled in a college, trade school, university, or graduate program as of the fall 2018 semester.